Our crèche facility is key to the success of the centre. It allows parents to attend groups and appointments; it supports families facing challenging circumstances through the provision of regular spaces. Due to funding restrictions, we can only offer spaces to families living in Leith, with an EH6/7 postcode.
We offer spaces from 6 months – 5 years old. Please note that under two spaces fill up quickly, so we may have to close the waiting list periodically to manage capacity.
Dr Bell’s is no longer able to offer free supported spaces for our crèche. Due to changes in funding we cannot take referrals for a free supported space as we previously had done.
Families must participate in groups or attend our counselling service to receive a free childcare space. We understand that a family may be looking for respite. So to accommodate this we can offer crèche spaces for a fee of £5 per two hour session. Please recognise that we operate a waiting list for our respite spaces
To register your interest to be put on our waiting list, please email email@example.com. Once a space becomes available, we will then ask you to complete a registration form. We can take children from the age of 6 months up to 5 years old. You will need to have an EH6/7 postcode to be eligible.
Once a space becomes available for your child we will call you to arrange a Settling in Session.
The Settling in Session allows your child to get to know us, and make sure that they’re happy to be left. Sometimes children can find it difficult to settle in a new place without their parents. We’ll discuss any issues you have and work with you and your child to make the experience as easy as possible. Please do come and talk to us if you are concerned about this or have any other questions about the crèche.
After the Settling in Session, your child will be booked in for the same session throughout the term.
Monday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Monday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Tuesday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Tuesday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Wednesday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Wednesday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Thursday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Thursday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
At all times, we will follow the Government Guidance on hygiene and physical distancing. Detailed information about this can be found at the following link:
To ensure infection control measures:
- All staff and children to wash hands on entry to crèche, after use of the toilet, when moving between areas, before preparing food, before and after eating food, before leaving crèche.
- No non-staff visitors to crèche while staff and children are there.
- All staff will monitor of staff/children for symptoms at all times. The isolation space will be used if a child displays symptoms of COVID-19 until collected by a parents or carer.
- Visuals and posters about hygiene and handwashing will be displayed in nursery.
- Where possible doors and windows will be kept open.
- Toilet visits to be confined to one child at a time with supervision.
- Due to infection control measures, some soft furnishings, soft toys and items that are harder to clean will have to be removed from crèche.
- If a child becomes symptomatic following their session they must inform Dr Bell’s as soon as possible. We will then follow test and protect procedures, informing anyone who may have been in contact with them during their visit to the centre.
- If a child displays symptoms consistent with COVID 19 while in the setting, a ventilated space (Meeting Room B) will be available for the child to wait in until they can be collected by their parent/carer. Care will be taken to ensure the appropriate levels of supervision of all children. Dr Bell’s Family Centre is following guidance from The Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland
- After each session toys and equipment will be cleaned with some items being placed in isolation for 72 hours.
All control measures are assessed regularly by our Childcare Manager to be in line with current Scottish Government and Care Inspectorate guidelines.
- For children still in nappies, we ask you to bring your own supply of nappies and wipes.
- If your child is in the process of toilet training, please bring a change of clothes.
- Children will be offered fresh fruit at snack time, with water to drink but Parents/Carers of young babies may need to bring any food requirements or bottles/cups they use.
- Children’s clothes must be suitable for outdoors and weather appropriate as we hope to maximise time outdoors. Shoes should be appropriate for all activities including outdoor learning and play. On sunny days all children should have sun cream applied before they come to crèche.
- To minimise the spread of infection, we would ask that children wear clean clothes each session, and that clothing is washed after use.
- Children’s jackets, spare clothes, backpacks etc. will be removed on entering the centre and placed into their allocated storage box in the entry vestibule area.
- We ask that no personal toys/teddies be brought into creche, especially during current Covid-19 restrictions.
- On arrival and departure a member of the team will sign your child in and out with the time and person that dropped off/picked up.
- If a child is being collected by someone other than yourself, a member of the team MUST be informed. For the safety of all children, staff members will NOT release a child to an unknown person. A password will be required from any additional people picking up your child.
You must let us know if you need to cancel a crèche space. It is in short supply and others can make use of the space.
Repeated cancellations or no shows will result in being removed from the sessions to allow for another family to use it.