Our crèche facility is key to the success of the centre. It allows parents to attend groups and appointments; it supports families facing challenging circumstances through the provision of regular spaces. Due to funding restrictions, we can only offer spaces to families living in Leith, with an EH6/7 postcode.
We offer spaces from 6 months – up to 5 years old.
Our waiting list is currently open to new referrals for over 2’s only.
Dr Bell’s is no longer able to offer free supported spaces for our crèche. Due to changes in funding we cannot take referrals for a free supported space as we previously had done.
Families must participate in groups or attend our counselling service to receive a free childcare space. We understand that a family may be looking for respite. So to accommodate this we can offer crèche spaces for a fee of £5 per two hour session. Please recognise that we operate a waiting list for our respite spaces
To register your interest to be put on our waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once a space becomes available, we will then ask you to complete a registration form. We can take children from the age of 6 months up to 5 years old. You will need to have an EH6/7 postcode to be eligible.
Once a space becomes available for your child we will call you to arrange a Settling in Session.
The Settling in Session allows your child to get to know us, and make sure that they’re happy to be left. Sometimes children can find it difficult to settle in a new place without their parents. We’ll discuss any issues you have and work with you and your child to make the experience as easy as possible. Please do come and talk to us if you are concerned about this or have any other questions about the crèche.
After the Settling in Session, your child will be booked in for the same session throughout the term.
Monday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Monday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Tuesday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Tuesday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Wednesday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Wednesday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Thursday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Thursday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
Friday AM: 9.30am-11.30am
Friday PM: 12.30pm-2.30pm
- For children still in nappies, we ask you to bring your own supply of nappies and wipes.
- If your child is in the process of toilet training, please bring a change of clothes.
- Children will be offered fresh fruit at snack time, with water to drink but Parents/Carers of young babies may need to bring any food requirements or bottles/cups they use.
- Children’s clothes must be suitable for outdoors and weather appropriate as we hope to maximise time outdoors. Shoes should be appropriate for all activities including outdoor learning and play. On sunny days all children should have sun cream applied before they come to crèche.
- To minimise the spread of infection, we would ask that children wear clean clothes each session, and that clothing is washed after use.
- Children’s jackets, spare clothes, backpacks etc. will be removed on entering the centre and placed into their allocated storage box in the entry vestibule area.
- We ask that no personal toys/teddies be brought into creche.
If a child is being collected by someone other than yourself, a member of the team MUST be informed. For the safety of all children, staff members will NOT release a child to an unknown person. A password will be required from any additional people picking up your child.
You must let us know if you need to cancel a crèche space. It is in short supply and others can make use of the space.
Repeated cancellations or no shows will result in being removed from the sessions to allow for another family to use it.